The Nutritional Value of Flax Seed
What foods do Americans think are the most healthful?
– 71% of shoppers include fruit, & vegetables, or high-fiber foods as the top strategy for improving health
– 85% of moms with kids under age 12 say their children eat vegetables, and 76% fruit, on a weekly basis
– Fresh broccoli consumption increased by 1/3 and fresh carrots by 1/5
FoodTechnology 8/ 2003 • VOL. 7, NO.8
How does Golden Flax seed lower cholesterol levels?
Flax Seed packs
– 5 times as much fiber as oatmeal
– 75 times the amount of antioxidants in broccoli
– 6 times the phytoestrogens (phyto=plant)of soy!
10g of Flax Seed =
– 1% reduction in total Cholesterol
– 1.5% reduction in LDL cholesterol
The Flax Council of Canada
How does Flax Seed help Weight Loss?
– Taking ground flax seed a half hour before your main meals with a beverage of choice will decrease your appetite, as fiber is filling and the protein content improves energy levels.
– See Recipes Fat Flush Plan Long Life Cocktail for more information.
What amount of seeds should Diabetics take?
– 2 Tablespoons ground 1⁄2 hour before meals, aids in lowering glucose (sugar) level and reduces hunger throughout the day
– Suppresses the appetite, and cleans the intestinal walls.
– Mucilage(outer casing of flaxseed) acts like a sponge attracting and absorbing bacteria and then eliminates it.
Why is Omega Golden Flax Seed superior to other types of Flax Seed?
– Golden Flax Seed is the “Designer Seed” of Flaxseeds. It was created by North Dakota State University to yield higher levels Omega 3 & 6 oils.
– It requires stringent growing criteria to produce the best hybrid seed. Golden flax is not genetically modified.
How do you identify high quality Flax Seed?
The best way is to test it yourself.
Is it Shiny?
Our Flax Seed is between 48-53% oil
Are they Plump seeds not small and flat?
Does it taste Sweet and Nutty?
Does it Crunch and then get Gummy?
Good Flax Seed with plenty of fiber and oil will start crunchy and then be gummy
Bulk vs. Packaged Flax Seed
-Freshflaxseeds maintains the highest processing standards for both bulk and packaged Flax Seed.
– The Flax Seeds are thoroughly filtered, cleaned and untouched by human hands before packaging
What is the difference between organic and non-organic Flax Seed?
– Organic Flax Seed is grown on Certified Organic fields with no nitrogen.
– Non-organic Golden Flax Seed is grown with Nitrogen (fertilizer) to provide oxygen,and starve out weeds.
What is Brown Flax Seed?
-Golden and Brown Flax Seed have the same nutrient values. and are not genetically modified.Brown flax is available in both food and non food varieties and grown for the commercial food and feed industries
Why Flax Seed instead of Flax oil?
– The flaxseed has it ALL, the oil, fiber and lignans (phytoestrogens(phyto=plant)), unlike the oil.
– Oil is costly, goes rancid and is wasted, as the body metabolizes substances like the ground seeds slowly -One tablespoon of flaxseed oil provides 7 grams of alpha linolenic acid, and equlivent to 12 1000 milligram gel caps.(livestrong.com)
Flax Seed provides the essential omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), that has a beneficial role in brain and vision development in babies.
University research suggests that Flax Seed can have a wide range of biological and metabolic effects in humans, and can be useful in the treatment and prevention of disease and maintenance of optimal health.
Flax seed contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. Studies have found soluble fiber in flax seed can help lower cholesterol and reduce blood sugar levels
Fresh Flax Seeds recommends for great results use freshly ground flax seeds, and stir into a beverage of choice, add to smoothies, yogurt, cereal, pasta, vegetables, apple sauce, cottage cheese, basically any food or drink.